The Copyright (Prohibited Importation) Act
An Act to make provision for operation within Swaziland of Section 14 of the
Copyright Act, 1911, of the United Kingdom.
1. This Act may be cited as the Copyright (Prohibited Importation) Act
2. (1) The notice prescribed by section 14(1) of the Copyright Act, 1911, of the United Kingdom sball be given to the Prime Minister;
Provided that such notice may instead of being so given be given to the Commissioners of Customs and Excise of the United Kingdom and if so given and communicated by the said Commissioners to the Prime Minister shall be deemed to have been given to the Prime Minister.
(2) The Minister for Commerce, Industry and Mines may in respect of any copies imported into Swaziland in contravention of section 14 of the said Act exercise an the powers conferred on the Commissioners of Customs and Excise tinder sub-section (2) of that section.
3. (1) The Minister for Commerce, Industry and Mines shall In the month of January of every year publish in the Gazette and otherwise as may be prescribed by regulation a list of all works in respect of which notice has been received by him as is herein provided and shall from time to time throughout the year notify in the Gazette any additions to the list in force for the time being since its publication.
(2) Such lists and notices shall also show the date when the copyright of the respective works named therein will expire.
Form of notice.
4. (1) The notices under section 2(1) shall be in the form prescribed in the Schedule or as near thereto as circumstances permit and the facts stated therein shall be verified by the oath or affirmation of the person giving such notice.
(2) The forms prescribed may be altered from time to time by regulation.
(3) In addition to any facts stated in the notice the Minister for Commerce, Industry and Mines may require further information to be given and verified by oath or affirmation by the person giving the notice before making any order for the detention of the copies.
5. (1) The power to make regulations conferred on the Commissioners of Customs and Excise under section 14 of the said Act shall as regards the operation of the section in Swaziland be exercised by the Minister for Commerce, Industry and Mines.
(2) On publication in the Gazette such regulations shall have force and effect as if they were part of this Act,